Turns out: there’s a clear and concise way to endear yourself to anyone under the age of 16 and it 100% involves doing a front flip on a trampoline without any kind of warning.
On the off chance that you don’t happen to have:
- A front flip in you
- A bunch of people under 16 to witness
- A trampoline
Regaling them with stories of poker victories or fishing adventures can work, but the element of surprise is on your side with the front flip.
Actually, on that note, the element of surprise used for good, pays dividends for building relationships. Great examples of a way to build a relationship through the element of (good) surprise can look like the following:
- Personalized welcome notes
- A gift of their favorite thing (bonus points if its wrapped in their favorite color!)
- A quick phone call to check in and communicate care
- Agreeing to help them with something they’ve mentioned they’re doing
- Remembering the important dates like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Stocking their favorite things in your fridge
What are some other ways that you could surprise someone in a good way?